Thursday, April 26, 2012

Happy Birthday to MOI!

It's my 23rd Birthday and I spent it doing one of my favorite things: SHOPPING!!

My lovely mother and I both took the day off of work to celebrate with some major shopping. My mom and I have opposite work schedules and don't get to see each other that often so it was wonderful to be able to spend some time with her.

Let's be honest for a hot second: I absolutely love shopping and always spend way too much money. Not the best decision for a college graduate. With student loan payments, car payments, and all those other (not so) fun payments the real world throws at you, I can't afford to blow money like it's my job...

...but it's my birthday so I did anyways!

I took some pictures of some of my most favorite items I bought today to share with you:

Colorful shorts! I love bright colors (well, and black) for the summer. These will look great when I'm tan!
{yellow - Forever 21, pink - H&M, black - Old Navy}

Jewelry! I can never get enough!
{All jewelry from Forever 21}
A free birthday gift from one of my favorite stores SEPHORA!
A nautical inspired navy and white striped blazer.
{Maurices}
Every girl needs some sandal bling!
{Maurices}





Speaking of Maurices, it's definitely not my favorite store, mainly because I feel like I'm getting too old for most of the clothing. But another reason I'm not a fan is because I get annoyed by the people who work there. That's mean, I know...but it's my birthday and I can say what I want! I'm not joking in the least bit when I say that I was asked every two minutes if I was doing ok. LEAVE ME ALONE PEOPLE! There is no reason you should knock on my dressing room door THREE times when I'm trying on one item! I shared my frustration with my bestie, the hilarious KMurf (check out her blog):



Don't judge us...sometimes you just need to vent!

Have you ever noticed those super random kiosks in the middle of the mall? Today, my mom and I got bombarded by this woman trying to sell us roofs. Roofs? Our conversation went a little something like this:

Me: Who buys a roof at the mall?
Mom: People. You know that moment when you're at the mall and you think, "Oh shit! I need a roof!"

After our shopping extravaganza, we met up with my sister and her boyfriend for a birthday dinner. Of course, I got the ultra awkward "Happy Birthday" song from everyone sitting near our table. 

My sister gave me this HAND MADE hula hoop for my birthday!

 
Background on the hula hoop: My sister is a real hippie! A couple years ago she started hula hooping. Not like your average, childhood/gym class hula hooping, but HULA HOOPING! Check out this video to see the kind of things she can do (note: this is not my sister):


I think it's pretty sweet looking and it's a great workout. My sister has been making hula hoops for friends and family and I'm trying to convince her to start selling them on Etsy! If you're interested in ordering a hoop from her, I can give you her contact information.

Overall, its been a great birthday. There's nothing better than being able to spend time with the ones you love! I'm excited to celebrate with the boy tomorrow (his baseball team had a double header tonight) and with some high school girlfriends on Sunday. I'm blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life!

XOXO
            Yours Truly ♥





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! Love the Mama Simps quote! She's my fave person ever!

Megan said...

Happy belated birthday!

Jenna said...

Thank you, Megan!

Marissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday girlie!! Looks like you found a lot of great items :) Hope you had a great one!!

Jenna said...

Thank you so much :)