Friday, February 8, 2013

Red Lips

Some time ago, I professed my hatred for the coveted red lip. I swore on my cat's life that I would never, ever, e.v.e.r. attempt the trend because I knew I would look like a clown, just like everyone else.

And then I realized. I don't hate red lips. Actually, I kind of like them! Like every super bold trend, I'm nervous to try it. Red lips are the perfect way to stand out in a crowd; to show everyone that you're confident -- and the introvert in me is terrified of that!

While spilling out my anxiety over the gorgeous cherry lip to a co-worker -- whom, I might add, is the queen of the bold lip -- she looked at me and simple said "Just do it." To which I replied, "Well, okay!"

And it was those three simple words -- just do it -- that inspired me to step outside of my comfort zone. I have red glosses that I pull out every now and then, and the color looks great with my blonde hair and skin tone. So why am I so afraid to try out a more solid, bold version?

Cherry Lips



So I think this weekend I should take the plunge and try out the bold lip trend. If I hate it and look like a clown, well then that's that, but at least I can say I tried! If you want to see how I look with red lips, then I suggest you follow me on Instagram!

What are you opinions on the coveted red lip?

 

7 comments:

julia rose. said...

Ahhh I was such a red lip hater myself... but I'm warming up to the idea. Make my teeth look whiter? I'm in!

Kelly said...

NARS in Flamanco is definitely my favorite!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Little Miss MBA said...

I was the same way as you-- terrified that I just wouldn't be able to pull off a red lip. But once I tried it, I absolutely loved it. Now I save it for date nights with the bf or special events; I still don't think I'm bold enough to wear it as a daytime color. I just requested you on Instagram and can't wait to see pics! xo

Courtney @ Little Miss MBA

Shannon Rice said...

The red lip is definitely scary at first! I've tried it a couple of times and still get nervous every time I wear it, but it's definitely worth it!

Shannon
bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

i love red lips on the right person...& i just saw your instagram pic & i LOVE that red color on you!! looks so pretty!!!! thank you so much for linking up loverrrr!! happy friday!!! xoxo

Brittany Michelle said...

I love red lips, I wear them all the time. As a makeup artist the thing to keep in mind with a bold red lip is to make sure that you do a simple shadow on the eye or you will look like a clown. Less is more and pick one area of the face to highlight!

My favorite red, is MAC Viva Glam I with a dab of MAC Plushglass Gloss in Butterfly Dream!

Great post!

Brittany Michelle
blog.thesapphirebee.com

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

I was super scared to try red lips too! Never thought I could pull it off, but my husband actually really encouraged me to try red lips... So I went for it and love bold lips now too! :-)

~Maria-Isabel
WWW.agapelovedesigns.com

P.s. I'd love for u to link this (and any other beauty posts u might have) to my beauty Linky party Makeup Monday! :-)
http://www.agapelovedesigns.com/2013/02/diy-sweet-heart-eyes-makeup-monday.html