Thursday, February 14, 2013

Three Years


Love is in the air this week, ladies. Sure, today's Valentine's Day and every female across the country is waiting for her Prince Charming to ride up on a white horse with a bouquet of two dozen red roses and a box of chocolates -- and lets add some wine while we're at it. And don't sit there and say you don't want that, because we all know it's a lie. BUT more importantly, yesterday marked three beautiful years with the love of my life.

AWWWW! Oh em geeee how ah-dorable!

I know, I know. Tell me more! I'm sad to announce that J and I didn't get to see each other last night to celebrate three years thanks to his work schedule. And on top of that, we won't get to see each other tonight due to the both of us working late. But no worries, Friday night will be filled with celebration and love galore. 
In honor of spending the last three years with the most amazing man to have ever walked this earth (it's true) I thought I would share with y'all some fun facts about our relationship:

(1) Justin and I met in Guatemala. We went to the same college and lived an apartment building apart, and while we knew about each other, we never talked until our trip to Guatemala. One night while we were out bar hopping in Antigua, Guatemala, Justin told some strange Guatemalan that he was my boyfriend. Of course, in my state I went right along with it. We were fake boyfriend and girlfriend the rest of the trip.
Celebrating Justin's 21st birthday our last night in Guate. Don't worry everyone, I made sure to celebrate enough for the whole group. I'm surprised we all were able to get on the plane five hours later...
(2) We always go out to eat at PF Changs every anniversary. And this year is no exception. We're obsessed, and I've noticed we like to stick to what we're comfortable with. Every year there's talk of maybe going some place else, but the tradition of PF Changs always wins. And I can't complain. Their calamari and Asian Pear Mojitos are the bomb.com.

(3) We argue more about what to watch on TV than anything else. Justin always insists that we need to watch the most ridiculous amount of sports while I don't understand why he can't watch an episode of Real Housewives every now and then. At least we can agree on one show -- Pretty Little Liars. He hates to admit it, but he loves the show.

(4) We're going to gain at least 40lbs each when we get married. We're the worst influence on each other when it comes to junk food. Krispy Kreme donuts, eating ice cream right out of the carton, Shamrock Shakes (go get yourself one!), brownies and cookies galore. We've already made a pact that junk food will only come into our house on occasion, otherwise it will be all down hill.

(5) I was annoyed with Justin when he asked me to be his girlfriend. We were getting ready to go on our first official date (you know how it is in college -- homework in the library doesn't count as a date) and I was having the hardest time putting on my boots. Justin was standing behind me calling my name and just as I spun around to say something I probably definitely would have regretted, there he was with some flowers. Presh.

(6) This is our last dating anniversary! Most of you already know this, but it's still so crazy to me! In just under 7 months, J and I will be hitched. While I've already decided we'll still celebrate our dating anniversary when we get married (uhhh, hello?! Who wouldn't want an excuse for two big date nights in one year???) I'm more excited to celebrate the day we finally start our life together. 

While I could go on and on listing facts about our relationship, like the fact that we sometimes break out our gangster dance moves while in the car or the fact that I actually really disliked Justin our first week in Guatemala, I won't make you read any more. 

I truly feel so unbelievably blessed to have J in my life and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. And when I say the rest of my life, I mean that if we don't kick the bucket holding each other in our sleep -- The Notebook -- then I best go first. None of this living without him. I won't have it.

Happy Anniversary, Justin.

 

6 comments:

julia rose. said...

Happy Anniversary to one of the sweetest, hottest, and most fabulous couples in blog land!!

Kelsey said...

Happy anniversary! bitter sweet that this is your last valentine's day and dating anniversary before getting married!

SH said...

You have an awesome love story - happy Valentines!

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Little Miss MBA said...

Happy anniversary, you two! Love the fun facts-- especially that you started out as fake boyfriend & girlfriend.. too cute!

Happy Valentine's Day, cutie!

Courtney @ Little Miss MBA

Summer said...

Aww, Happy anniversary to you guys! And the best blessings for your marriage soon. All these little facts you wrote about your relationship are adorable :)

xo
summer

Kelly said...

Aww, how cute! Happy Valentine's Day!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes