Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May Birchbox

Ladies, the day has finally come...

My first Birchbox arrived yesterday!!!


I was so beyond excited to open the mail box and see this little gem sitting in there. This month's Birchbox was inspired by the TV show, Gossip Girl. I'm honestly not really into the show, but I did read all of the books back in the day!


I was so excited about my very first Birchbox that I tore it open right away. And this is what I found!


Samples of six different products and an adorable note card (envelope included!). Who knows who I'll send the note card to, but it's still really cute!


(From top to bottom)


Kérastase Cristalliste Bain Cristal - Luminous Perfecting Shampoo. This shampoo removes oil from your scalp without drying out the ends.

Kérastase Cristalliste Lait Cristal - Luminous Perfecting Conditioner. This ultra rich condition is packed with hydrating aloe.

stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Curacao. This is one of my favorite products I received. This eyeliner is a gorgeous sparkly navy blue color. This product claims to be very long-lasting with easy application thanks to the pen-like wand. I can't wait to try it out!


(From left to right)

Color Club Nail Polish in Disco Nap. I'm a sucker for gold metallic nail polish with a summer tan, so I'm pretty excited to try this out!

Kérastase Cristalliste Lumiére Liquide. This is a shine serum that you put on your hair when it's dry. My naturally curly hair tends to get a little dull after all that blow-drying and straightening, so I'm always up for trying a new shine serum. And a plus - it smells AMAZING!

Dr. Jart + Waterfuse BB Cream. This is, hands down, the product I am most excited about! All this buzz about BB cream has really got me interested. This four-in-one mositurizer, serum, sunscreen, and skin-perfecting tint is going to be perfect for this time of the year when I wear less makeup. 

I'm not super thrilled about the shampoo and conditioner and wish I would have gotten samples of different makeup products instead, but you can't always get what you want! Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my first Birchbox ever, and I'm already excited about my next box!

What did you get in your Gossip Girl Birchbox?

xoxo, J

P.S. Who watched The Bachelorette last night?? I honestly hate the hype of The Bachelor/Bachelorette (have any of these relationships ever actually worked out?!?) but I watched the season that Emily won and I just love her! It must be the fact that she's the Southern Belle I've always wanted to be!

3 comments:

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

You definitely got some goodies in your Birchbox this month! I am hosting a new link party about The Bachelorette - you should definitely check it out! :)

Erin said...

Oh I so watched The Bachelorette last night and I so posted about it this morning. Ryan is my favorite!

jacie @ http://jacieland.blogspot.com/ said...

birchbox = a.to.the.mayzang. for sheezy! good choice getting one! i love when i used to get mine, but i didn't use the stuff as much as i should. sad face.