Monday, May 28, 2012

Week in Review via Instagram

Normally, I would have a full-fledged post for today, but since it's still the weekend (thank you Memorial Day!) I'll leave you all with this. Here is a recap of my week (really not that exciting) in Instagram.

Follow me on Instagram! My name is jenna__anne. (That's two underscores!)

 
On Tuesday, Justin and I were on on our way to stuff our faces with some Dairy Queen (my favorite activity) when we drove past this guy. I live out in the boondocks near a lot of swamp land, so it's common to see turtles crossing the road. So, I've taken upon myself to be a turtle rescuer. No one likes a run over turtle. I know, I know, I'm a great person.

 
This is what I get to see on my runs! And this is why I hate running indoors. Why run inside and look at a nasty blank wall while you're dying when you can look at all of this?! And yes, that is a deer hiding in the trees on the bottom right.


 Charlie. My poor baby has been at the vet's all week. He went on Monday, got home on Wednesday, and had to go back Friday morning and won't come home until tomorrow! I won't go into details since you probably couldn't care less to hear the not so pleasant details, but it was pretty bad! I didn't realize what a cat lady I am until he got sick. So sad of me...

 
My babes! I love seeing their faces every day (even if they are out of control). For those of you who don't know, I work as a Toddler Teacher at a daycare that services homeless families. Friday, we had a cookout for the kiddos and invited the parents to join. We cleaned out the outdoor playhouse (finally) for the kids to play in and set up the sprinkler for them to run through! Yes, in their clothes...I'm sure their mothers were thrilled. There are a lot of really bad behavior issues in the Toddler room, so when we have a good week like we did this past week, I feel like a proud mama!

 
I got to spend a lot of quality time with my handsome boyfriend this weekend. Friday, we celebrated his brother's birthday. Saturday, we had a picnic dinner at the local Metropark. And Sunday, we spent some time soaking up the rays at the beach. Justin has quite the baseball tan going on due to all his coaching, so his more pale spots got extra crispy. Oops!

Next week, I'll try to include myself in more pictures. I guess I'm not one to snap a photo of myself! I'll do better next time. Heck, I need to take more pictures, period. I'll work on it, I promise!


Yay for a day off of work! I'm going out to lunch with my cousin and then we are parking it poolside to soak up the sun. I hope you all enjoy your Memorial Day! And be safe!

xoxo, J


6 comments:

Unknown said...

That turtle is too cute, hope the kitties okay!

xo Ashton

Kate said...

Cute photos!

Anonymous said...

Next time you stuff yo face up at the DQ get yoself an Oreo Cheesequake Blizzard! I have had one too many of those these past few weeks!

Kelli Herrington said...

I am a new follower and Im liking your blog. That turtle and precious cat is to cute. Love some DQ

Anonymous said...

Just became a follower...I am also an avid turtle rescuer! Look forward to it every season!

My best friends blog said...

Your job sounds very rewarding, I bet you have great stories! Newest follower! I'd love if you would check out our blog.
- Christy
ramblingsfromyourstruly.blogspot.com