Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Glow Baby, Glow

As someone who has suffered from pretty bad eczema my entire life, skincare has always been important to me. Because of my eczema, my skincare routine doesn't just involve my face, but my whole body. It has taken me just about 18 years to find a skincare routine that works well with my skin type. And since sharing is caring, I thought I would share it with you!

Face Cleanser

I've tried oh-so-many face cleansers, but nothing has worked better than Cetaphil. This cleanser was recommended by my Dermatologist years ago for the reason that it's a mild, non-irritating cleanser. It removes my makeup well and has never caused any breakouts or rashes.

Toner
 
 I'm currently using a Vitamin E toner from The Body Shop, but I'm not a fan so I'll be switching back to Witch Hazel soon. Witch hazel is an all natural astringent that will help unclog pores without being to harsh. I've noticed that because my skin is so dry and my skin cells turn over more quickly than normal, my pores get clogged easily. Using witch hazel as toner has really helped to keep my pore smalls without irritating my skin.

Face and Body Moisturizer
I've tried so many different face and body creams to keep my parched skin happy, but nothing compares to Aveeno Skin Relief. I swear by this stuff. It's all natural with no dyes or perfumes. It's even gentle enough to use on your face. I put this lotion on every single day -- when I get out of the shower and after I wash my face. My dull, dry skin stay moisturized and glows! I've recommended this lotion to friends who don't have skin issues and they love it just as much!

I also use a special eczema cream for troubled, dry patches -- a miracle cream really. For anyone who may be interested or who may suffer from eczema as well, it's called Dermarest. It comes in a green and white box and I've only been able to find it at CVS. It's perfect for feet, knees, elbows, and other pesky dry spots you have -- I've even used it on my face before.

It's so important to take care of your skin. You don't need top of the line products to make your skin glow. Just because one person says a product works for their skin doesn't mean it will work for yours. Do your homework! Find out what your skin type is and research different products that are known to work well with your skin type. But remember, skincare products alone won't change the appearance of your skin; a healthy lifestyle of exercise, healthy eating, and lots of water will help you to glow like a goddess.
 

4 comments:

Cayla said...

Hi Jenna! I just recently started using Cetaphil and am growing to like it. My derm suggested it as well. I use to be a clinique/multiple steps girl so it took me awhile to feel "clean" after make-up, but I do agree, it's a great facewash. I use the moisturizer as well.

Shelley said...

I used to break out w eczema too until are started using eucerin on my face and curel on my body every day!

Janna Renee said...

Cetaphil didn't work for me (I use Noxzema Triple Clean), but I should try Witch Hazel again! I also love Aveeno.

A Leap into Love said...

Love your blog :D following! I LOVE cetaphil. It's the only thing that has done wonders for my skin as well!