Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Save the Dates

Yesterday at 6 o'clock in the morning, I received the glorious news that work was closed for a snow day! Let me tell you, snow days are so much better when you're an adult. Since I had all day to do as I pleased, I decided it was time to get down to business on some wedding plans. I spent a majority of my time researching a photographer (holy expensive), a photobooth, and linens (not fun...). After wanting to pull my hair out over the prices of everything, I decided it was time to do something fun.

It's almost time to send out Save the Dates! I've already decided that I want our Save the Dates to be in postcard form -- cute, simple, and cheap to send! So of course, I took to Etsy. P.S. Etsy makes decision making so much harder. There are way too many ah-maze-ing options out there!

Here are some of the options that I'm loving:

Source
Source
Source
Source

So, ladies, give me your opinion! Which Save the Date do you like the most? I'm leaning towards the last one. I think the style and font will go well with the theme we have going for the wedding. But let's be honest, they're all great choices!

All of you married women or brides-to-be, where did you get your Save the Dates?

15 comments:

julia rose. said...

Ahhh these are all so amazing!! I would have such a hard time choosing one, but Etsy NEVER disappoints so you really can't go wrong :) I vote the first one though!

Yesi @ Plan With Yesii said...

This is absolutely the cutest idea!!! My favorite is definitely between the first or the second one. Definitely leading towards the second!!

The Best of Both Worlds said...

Oh etsy! My weakness! Love them all but the second one is my favorite!

Unknown said...

Holy crap. I'm loving all of these choices. especially the first one! <3. All of them are just so gorgeous. We did Magnets for ours, I still love seeing them on our Friend's fridges.

Kelsey said...

I love the second one!

Blue Dog Belle said...

I like the last 2. I also think you should make sure to put the date on the same side as your picture. I have a few on the fridge at the moment-- and they don't have the date on the same side. It drives me NUTS!

Obviously--- this is just my opinion, and you really can't go wrong with any of these. And y'all are just so pretty (that helps too).

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Sarah said...

They're all so cute! I think I like the second one best...I can't really explain why, but it was immediately my favorite.

We had magnet save-the-dates from magnetstreet.com. Loved them :)

Amy Lynn Wentz said...

Love them all!!! But especially love the last one :) My best friend is a graphic designer and designed mine! She does some free-lance stuff if you're interested! www.bloomcreate.com - she's amazing!

anika♥Lee said...

Those are SOOOOOOOOOOO f'in cute!!!! Ahhh, such fun planning a wedding!! Enjoy!
PS. Uh... lucky for the snow day!!!

Carolyn said...

I think I like the first and the last one the best! SO PRETTY! :) I got my template on Etsy as well. Then, I just printed them as 4x6 photos and stuck them in envelopes!!

Kristin said...

they are all very cute, but I like the last as well!

Mrs. Snyder said...

I got my save the dates from etsy as well. I used the shop ikandiphotography, and the save the date I bought was this one: https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/6085157/il_fullxfull.311671072.jpg

I LOVED my save the dates. The quality was great, and the postcard was a great way to share a favorite engagement photo. I didn't save on postage, though, because I decided I needed the cute wedding stamps, which do not come in postcard rates.

Ella Strand said...

I like the last one the best!!

Save the Dates are a tough choice!! It took me forever (and finally my fiance just picking one) for get ours picked out. Whatever you choose will be beautiful.

I like that you're doing a post card style!! And as for the photographer - spend money on it! After food & bar that is our most expensive item because its what you have forever.

Hope that helps!

From one engaged girl to another :)

Unknown said...

I like the very last one. But... you have to pick the picture first and then pick the style. Where you and the boy are in the picture will matter where the words are!

-from a recently married lady.

Meli said...

Tough choice - but I like the 3rd option the most!