Monday, January 21, 2013

Pearly Whites

If there's one thing I've been obsessed with longer than the train wreck that is the Kardashian's, it is extremely white teeth.

I miss the Florida sun on my skin....sigh
I honestly think my mother threw me on the white teeth train. I remember being a teenager, getting ready for Spring Break with the fam, slapping on those Crest white strips. It was like a drug for me; I was hooked from the very first strip. Well that sounded scandelous.

Unfortunately, for the past couple years, my coffee addiction has skyrocketed. And while it has made my mornings a whole lot more productive, my chompers have suffered. Coffee stained teeth are not cute. I ran out of my trusty Crest White Strips and being the more frugal adult that I have become, I wanted to find a more wallet friendly teeth whitening system.

So of course, I took to Pinterest; it's like Google these days. That's when I stumbled upon something mind blowing. One of those "Why did I NEVER think of this before?!" moments. Would you believe me if I told you that you can get some gorge pearly whites for $1??? Well, you best believe me...

The magic juice? Hydrogen Peroxide.
Yup, that lovely liquid in the brown bottle from the drugstore. Think about it, the active ingredient in all whitening products -- strips, toothpaste, mouthwashes -- is hydrogen peroxide, so why would you spend upwards of $40 for a teeth whitening system when you can just snag a bottle of that goodness for a dollar.

Don't worry, hydrogen peroxide is completely safe to use as a mouth rinse as long as your not drinking the stuff. Simply mix one part hydrogen peroxide with one part water and swish around your mouth for at least a minute. Don't use too much -- the mixture will foam in your mouth -- I usually use a cap full of each. Try not to eat or drink for the next 30 minutes.


I've noticed drastic results since using this mouth rinse. Dare I say I think it works better than expensive white strips? My teeth were noticeably whiter in a few days, whereas it usually took at least a week to notice results with white strips.

Now, do your chompers a favor and swish around some hydrogen peroxide. You can thank me later!


16 comments:

Jenny / Rocknrollerr said...

wow you have a beautiful white smile!

X Jenny
Rocknrollerr.com

Jasmine said...

Um, hook me up with some of this. We definitely can't buy it in Australia!!! X

Lauran {The Real Young Housewife of Southern VA} said...

Now Im going to have to give this a try! Was thinking about purchasing strips the other day! You just nixed that in the bud! Thanks for sharing!!!

Molly said...

I do this too! Works like a charm. I use to whiten my teeth with strips ALL the time, but now they are super sensitive and I can't stand it! You can also make a lemon juice baking soda mix to put on them for about 30 seconds or so :) I've noticed results with both!

Carrie said...

Hi...I have been reading your blog for about a week and I love your posts!! Thank you for the great whitening tip! I NEEDED THIS!

Amber said...

I must try this! Thanks for the tip

Sara Elizabeth said...

DEFINITELY trying this!! Thanks for the tip!

Ella Strand said...

This is amazing!! Thanks for posting, girlie!!

The Mrs. and The Momma said...

I've heard of this before, but never tried it! How cheap and easy!!! Thanks for sharing...I need to try this asap! :)
-kristen

The Mrs. and The Momma

Anonymous said...

This is what I use! My teeth don't look crazy snow white, but they are never stained!

Deb said...

I've seen this as well on pinterest but have always been skeptical to try...thanks for sharing your success story with it, now maybe I'll try it out myself!

The Best of Both Worlds said...

I use to work with a girl that did this after eating! I will have to invest in this

D said...

I can't wait to try this!

Kristin said...

Will have to try, thanks!

The Millers said...

Wow, love this idea! Just found your adorable blog and I am your newest follower :) I would love for you to stop by!

Sjdmiller.blogspot.com

Janna Renee said...

That makes sense to me! It's basically why I use Arm and Hammer as my toothpaste. That works for me!!