Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Wedding Details: Colors

I finally decided on a color palette for our wedding. I had an idea of the color scheme I wanted but was too afraid to commit. If you really knew me, you would know that I'm the most indecisive person. It terrifies me that there might be a possibility that I hate whatever decision I make. Or even worse, that other people hate the decision I make. But I finally came to realization that this day is all about J and I. It doesn't matter if people hate our color scheme or decorations or what have you. So I made my decision, and I'm sticking to it!


I've fallen complete in love with these light and natural colors. Grey, peach, pink, champagne. I can visualize these colors blending so perfectly with our barn reception.


I've thought about adding touches of burlap, twine wrapped mason jars, white hydrangeas, peach peonies. Lots and lots of candles and twinkle lights wrapped around the beams of the barn.


If only you all could step into my mind and see the vision I have. I can't wait to bring this vision to life.

**Don't forget to enter my current giveaway for a change to win a free pair of glasses or sunglasses of your choice from 39 Dollar Glasses!**

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You're completely right, it's all about what you love. And if it's any consolation, I LOVE those colors, too. Your vision sounds so beautiful and I'm excited to see the final product :)

Erin said...

You must stop...this is just about exactly what I want. I'm pretending you wedding doesn't exist whenever I have my own because it may look like I'm copying you

Carolyn said...

SO PRETTY! :)

Chloe said...

Exactly what I want! I love the neutrals. So beautiful

Yesi @ Plan With Yesii said...

Those are just absolutely beautiful!!! I am so excited for you!!

Jasmine said...

Love it!!! I also love that our minds seem to be one and that it is very likely that YOU are my other half.

And that Justin is Justin's other half. Now it's getting real tricky!

Molly said...

Love your color choices! Your wedding is going to be so beautiful!

Kaileigh said...

I love the neutrals and with a barn reception they will be perfect! I think minimizing the bright colours makes it look really classy, or maybe rustic in your case!

Leanne said...

That barn in the last pictures is in my hometown! I looked there for mine and my hubby's wedding. I loved it but my traditional part of my brain kicked in and wanted a chapel. Granted, it was a chapel on a farm :)

But I've seen weddings done there and in other barns...they are soo pretty! I love your vision and it will definitely be beautiful. It's your day! :)

Little Miss MBA said...

Hello beautiful! Just checking in to see how the wedding planning is going! I've been totally off the map, and need to catch up with my blog reading, but hope everything is going well! xo

Courtney @ Little Miss MBA