Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Sister Sue

You know what one of my pet peeves is? When people give "shout outs" to other people who will never see said shout out. You know what I'm talking about. Someone posts on Twitter, "Shout out to my grandma for making the sickest pie ever. Love you grams!" PRETTY sure your Grandma isn't on Twitter and she's never going to see that.

Well, I'm going to be that person. It's my sissy poo, Jessica's 22nd birthday today, and even though she doesn't read my blog, I'm still going to dedicate this post to her. (And yes, her name really is Jessica Simpson). Noice Jenna, noice.

The day after Jess was born
I was bald until I was 1. Don't make fun.

One of my favorite pictures of Jessica and Joshua

Taking it back to our Catholic School days

Awkwarddd. At Atlantis in The Bahamas
Sibling Irish jig

Last night, my mom and I met Jess and her boyfriend for dinner and wine in Downtown Ann Arbor. These two crack me up.

That's a sweet potato fry mustache

In honor of the Birthday Girl, here are some fun facts about her growing up:

1. She used to chase me around the house with her mouth wide open, trying to bite me. I remember squeezing between the couch and the wall just trying to stay away from her.

2. She had a weird obsessed with germs. No one could touch her food. And if they did, she would refuse to eat it.

3. She also had a weird thing about not wanting to share. I clearly remember a situation in which she had one Oreo left...the only Oreo! She wasn't eating it, so I asked if I could have it. She didn't want it, but she also didn't want me to have it. So what did she do? She licked the entire thing. And then threw it away.

4. Once, my sister was home alone with my brother, who was about 6 at the time. Someone walked into our house yelling "Hello". Instead of being the big sister and checking to see who walked into the house, she crawled out the backdoor, leaving Joshua alone in the house with the strangers. Turns out it was just some Nuns...which is weird in of itself.

5. My mom called her Helen Keller because she never brushed her hair. I still don't get that one, but whatever.

6. She had dreads.


It's crazy to think that my sister is 22! Even though we're (exactly) 14 months apart, it still makes me feel so old. I'm going to have gray hair before I know it...

4 comments:

julia rose. said...

Happy Birthday to your very own Jessica Simpson! Siblings are one of a kind. I have a sister and brother of my own and the random, crazy, fun stories growing up are always the best!! And it looks like your sis rocked those dreads!

Erin said...

We are actually twins. This is sick. My brother is 16 months behind me. Exactly. Okay minus one day but still.

This is such a cute post, I love the facts about her haha.

Anonymous said...

holddddddd up! Mama Simps hasn't aged a year since Jessica was born! I hope to one day be as Terri-ific as her!

Unknown said...

Lol at #3 sounds like something I would do!