Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Love/Hate Relationship

I've been spoiled this week with two back-to-back dates with J. The first, dinner, DQ (my absolutely favorite) and a peaceful walk in the park and the second, a free Tiger's game. It was at the game that I was reminded of my love/hate relationship with baseball games.

 
{The last game we went to together. It was so hot on Tuesday that our picture together turned out awful. No one looks good when they're all sweaty.}

{Amazing seats for free tickets, am I right? 31 rows from the field!}

I know, you're probably thinking "what is there to hate about a baseball game?" Well let me tell you...

1. Birds- Could there be anymore seagulls and pigeons at baseball games? I'm pretty sure I am the only person who is paranoid about all those little frickers pooping on me. I see a flock of pigeons flying towards me and I cringe, just waiting for them to crap on my head. Well ladies, I got pooped on at the game on Tuesday. Thankfully it was the smallest of bird poop and it landed on my knee, not my hair, but poop is poop! I freaked out. Everyone was cheering over some good play by who knows what player and I was too busy screaming about the bird poop on my knee. Thank God for hand sanitizer!


2. Annoying people- Sometimes I want to ask people, "Are you annoying, or are you annoying?" It always amazes me how obnoxious people are. And doesn't it always seem like you get stuck sitting by the worst of the worst. Tuesday, we had the annoying bros sitting behind us, talking all kinds of loud as if to make sure everyone in a five-foot radius could hear their conversation about chicks who loooove them and their buddy who had kidney stones. Thanks but no thanks. And then there's that one annoying girl who squeals at every play and dances to the walk up songs like she's at Club Inferno. Who are you???

3. A drink costs how much???- It was hotter than hell at the game and I was sweating like a pig. Nothing sounded better than a big daiquiri in one of those {not so cool} souvenir cups. Oh, how much was it, you ask? NINE FRICKEN DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS! And a bottle of water is five dollars? Oh hold on, let me go to the 7eleven and get one for less than a dollar, ya money whore. 

4. Smelly people- I was super excited when the three guys sitting next to us moved down to allow one open seat between us. There's nothing more awkward than rubbing elbows with a man you don't know. But then, homeboy decides he can't see where he's sitting and insists on sitting right next to me. And to make matters worse, he obviously needs to lean on the arm rest connecting our seats the entire game. Too close for comfort, dude. I am not exaggerating when I say this man REEKED! He must have forgotten to shower for about a week. I.was.dying. When you know you're going to be in such close quarters with other humans, put on some dang deodorant!


Even though I complain about these things, I really do love going to baseball games. It may be one of my favorite things to do on a date night with Justin (but don't tell him that). Going to Tiger's games is something that Justin and I both enjoy. Justin, for the mere fact that he is a baseball freak (as I've mentioned numerous times before. I mean, the boy's whole entire life has revolved around the game) and me for:

1. People watching- Who doesn't love to be a snoop? Eavesdrop on conversations, watch drunk people make fools out of themselves, check out all the freaks that flock to sporting events. There's never a dull moment when you're people watching at a game.

2. I don't have to watch baseball on T.V.- There is nothing that puts me to sleep faster than watching the Tiger's (and every other team and their mother's) on T.V. Justin can spend hours upon hours on the couch, watching game after game, and be beyond happy. But watching live baseball is a whole 'nother ball game (pun intended). It actually keeps me entertained!

3. Walk up songs- My jams. Bottom line. The Tiger's have some legit walk up songs. I still wish someone would use "Right Above It" by Lil Wayne, because that would, hands down, be my walk up song if I ever had one.

4. Downtown Detroit- There's something about being downtown that makes me happy. There's so much history in Detroit and so many gorgeous buildings that have a lot of potential. If they City of Detroit got it's act together, it would be one heck of a place to hangout.


What do you love or hate about baseball games?

 

13 comments:

Kate said...

I love downtown detroit. so many people don't realize how much it has to offer! I didn't know you were a michigan girl too!

BrieAshly said...

I got pooped on by a bird once while on my lunch break. I had a breakdown because it landed in my hood/hair. The end.

Eliza said...

Never been to a baseball game before, I might go to one with the boyfriend soon enough before summer ends!
xo
lovelyaddictions.blogspot.com

Mrs Guenther said...

I'm actually going to a baseball game on the 16th of July. Not sure if I should be excited. I heard the tailgating can be fun but the game can be BORING!!! Lol.

Erin said...

Umm let's hold the phone and go back again. You got a big ass daiquiri for LESS than ten bucks at a baseball game?! Girl you are out of your mind. A cup of beer, let me repeat, BEER costs me twelve dollars at Yankee Stadium.

Kristin said...

thats awesome you had free tickets!! i just think of it that i dont go very often so i can splurge every now and then :)

~Katie said...

Oh my gosh, I'm cracking up reading this. That is awful that a bird pooped on you!! And the price of booze is absolutely ridiculous at those things.

henning love said...

i agree with katie i was cracking up at this post, totally funny but totally true too. i think all of those thing. and the best thing is free tickets, free tickets anytime is a great thing

Bailey said...

I love people watching too! Tigers games never let you down!

Elissa said...

while I am not the biggest baseball fan, I do enjoy going to a game! It is definitely so much different than on tv. TV can be interesting if the game is good, and I like the College World Series. But free tickets have to be amazing bc that is pretty much the only reason I rarely go to braves games! Too Expensive!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

I hate birds. Haha and smelly people oh man that is a pet peeve and something I'm really weird about. I keep deodorant with me everywhere I go!!! Haha!

**Dumb Blonde Diaries** said...

bahaa this was hilarious! i swear those stupid ice creams in the plastic baseball cap containers cost like 30 dollars!

Kalie said...

I'm jealous, I haven't gotten to go to a Tiger's game yet this year! I go mainly for the people watching, you never know what you are going to get! Check out my post from today, I nominated you for a blog award!