Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Meet My Sponsors - Paige

Day three of meeting my lovely new sponsors! Meet Paige! I would give you a whole introduction, but she covers it below. Make sure to stop by her blog and show her some love. And don't forget to congratulate her on her (very) new marriage!



Paige

  Hi, Yours Truly readers!
I’m Paige and I’m 21 years old and from Tennessee. I’m in nursing school and I’ll graduate with my bachelor degree in a little over a year. I’m super excited although I don’t really know what I want to do with my degree yet. I may want to work in a psychiatric hospital because psychology has always been interesting to me. I also think I’d be great as a case manager. I love to help people and hear their stories. One of my most rewarding moments as a student nurse was when one of my patients told me I had a calming presence and I made him feel like things were alright. That moment nearly brought me to tears and has definitely defined my life. Since then, I try to be a calming presence and the voice of reason to those around me.
In my spare time when I’m not studying or blogging, I like to make my own jewelry, read, watch tv and movies and try new food, and spend time with family and my husband, Cody.  Oh, and of course, shop like every other girl.
I started making my own jewelry because I’m really picky about what I buy and I can’t wear bracelets from a store because my wrists are too small and I need a creative outlet or I drive myself crazy. It’s my stress relief.
Jewely

My favorite types of books are dystopian books (think Hunger Games) because they show what our society could look like in the future.  I also have an unhealthy obsession with Harry Potter, although it’s tamed with the lack of new books. Seriously, I could probably rattle off way too many facts you wouldn’t care about.
As for tv, my favorite shows growing up were Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Gilmore Girls. Like with Harry Potter, I know wayyy too much about Buffy and could bore you to tears. My current favorites are True Blood, Teen Mom, Game of Thrones and Sons of Anarchy (hellooo Jax!). My husband is to blame for the last two.
Speaking of my husband, we got married this summer on May 14th. We eloped in the Great Smokey Mountains (Gatlinburg to be exact.) It was perfect and beautiful, even though it rained. We got married after only knowing each other for 11 months and it was honestly the best decision I’ve ever made. He’s currently in the army and going to business school, so you’ll see me around a lot when he has his drill weekends because I get so bored!

Paige and Cody 

Anyway, I blog over at Eloping Stethoscope where you can find me talking about newlywed life, crafts that I try, new recipes, books and movies and a ton of other random things. I love to meet new people so stop by and say hello!
You can also find me here:
Blog Lovin’|Twitter|Pinterest|Facebook

1 comment:

Paige said...

love it! Thanks for posting :)